ASIC and FPGA

Make it to the Right and Larger Audience

Verilog test BFM to drive and monitor internal AHB bus

Resolved Verilog test BFM to drive and monitor internal AHB bus
2 Voices |3 Posts |1000+ | Discussion Rooom: ASIC and FPGA

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  earnestwu 4 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Senior Engineer
    TI

We have a design with an embedded arm processor. We can do software-hardware co-sim and run simple c test code on arm processor. But we’d like to have another way which we can bypass (sort of disconnect) arm processor and use a TB BFM to drive AHB bus. Note we don’t want to touch rtl code. Is it doable?

• In Verilog, you can specify signal hierarchy path to drive or monitor DUT internal signals. For example:

Note above uses force to override RTL drives. You may see someone uses

to replace the forcing. Above assignment does not work since it causes multi-driver issue.

• earnestwu
    Senior Engineer
    TI

I see. Thanks.

Normally force/release are used as a pair. I don’t see release is used in above so test bench drives the internal signal all the time. I think it is good.

Along the line of using assignment, I think we can use ifdef in RTL. Idea is if a string is defined, internal RTL connection is disconnected by ifdef. But it adds some change to RTL.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Contact Us

Thanks for helping us better serve the community. You can make a suggestion, report a bug, a misconduct, or any other issue. We'll get back to you using your private message ASAP.

Sending

©2021  ValPont.com

Forgot your details?