In today’s ASIC, multiple power domains are very common. Power switches are widely used to turn on and off power domain supplies. However power switch usage is not trivial and how to properly turn on power switches need to be carefully designed.
In this tutorial, we discuss:
- what considerations need to be taken when design and use power switches
- why to avoid large inrush current
- two schemes to avoid large inrush current
- what is lock situation and how to avoid it
- how to select number of power switches of different types
You can purchase points of this author. You have 0 points and this post costs 3 points.