This post is intended for low power design starters and answer some basic questions:
- retention flip flop is supposed to hold flip flop content. why do I see ret FF outputs becomes ‘x’ in sim in retention mode?
- when ret FF output is out of ‘x’? is it when main pwr is re-applied or when retention condition (specified in UPF) is not met?
- I have a power supply net which is partial on. Does it cause retention FF to loose its content?
- How can I change my power supply net to be full on?
- What is relationship between supply set is NORMAL or CORRUPT and supply net is full_on, partial_on, off, etc?
To gain access you can subscribe to this author's posts at Subscription of SD-RTL-DGN Posts. Subscription is valid for three months.